The River Inn Bar is located three and one half miles west of Chippewa Falls on County Highway X (old Highway 29). The establishment has been in existence since the early 1940’s. The original bar was replaced with the current building as it stands today in 1968. Even though the old bar is gone it still holds many memories from the past, hardly a week goes by that someone doesn’t reminisce about the old bar or as commonly known as Sam’s place, and the way it was, in their day, and the happenings that took place there. Sam and Ester Rineck owned the bar for the longest period of time. Several others have owned the bar in the years since, most of which have had roots in the local area. The current owners Art and Sue Schroeder (also locals) purchased the River Inn on November 1st, 2005. Art works for a national construction company while Sue manages the daily activities of the bar. Family, friends, and great employees all lend a hand in keeping things running smoothly.